I know 2014 will bring both peaks and valleys — every year does — and I want to be skillful with both. I’m figuring that starts with mindful attention. So, here are the summits I will be intentional about scaling in 2014: my 14 for ’14!
1. Get a job. Full-time, with benefits, vocationally fulfilling. Stipended SES position counts.
2. Get a journal article finished and accepted for publication.
3. Self-publish a white paper for sale through Amazon or other platform.
4. Begin writing my next book, working title God Forsaken.
5. Write and submit a book proposal for God Forsaken to at least three publishing houses.
6. Write my sections for the Gospel of Doubt book project.
7. Organize a spiritual community that feeds souls and hungry people.
8. Get married.
9. Have a wonderful honeymoon.
10. Get stronger, fitter, and healthy enough to return to running, swimming and biking. Especially running.
11. Complete a longer tri.
12. Complete 5K and 5 mile races.
13. Complete a 10K race.
14. Complete a half marathon.
How about you? What are the peaks you want to bag in ’14?